Am I in the ballpark for clearing out this back yard?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Barrett Landscaping, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Your price sounds pretty good to me. Hard to tell how much you are hauling away. 3 or 4 pickup loads unless I am missing something. Someone else mentioned something about 30 yard of hauling so I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly.
  2. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Using 65x65x100 is 2,076 sq ft

Side 1: 65 opposite angle: 39.715°
    Side 2: 65 opposite angle: 39.715°
    Side 3: 100 opposite angle: 100.57°
    Total Area: 2076.6559657295
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah i figured i could get all of the crap in my 10' f550 dump and a dump trailer easily.
  4. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

It would be well worth a half day rental for a billy goat vs cutting with hedge trimmers. It goes through the tall meadow grass real well. It also cuts the thicker stock bushes , shrubs etc but not at ground level. If you have the thicker stuff to cut, it will leave the punji stick effect
  5. sharperimagelawns

sharperimagelawns LawnSite Member

Yeah that's just a little over 2,000 sq ft. I would think your pretty close on the price just going by the pic. Maybe 750-800 but I doubt it's worth any more than that.
  6. Barrett Landscaping

ok thanks guys!!! im relatively new to clearing areas that are that large that doesn't involve just throwing it through a chipper so i thought id ask
  7. tbone1471

tbone1471 LawnSite Member

I suppose that is a good price. Personally, I wouldn't even mobilize for that. But it sounds like your equipment is much smaller. One of our tri-axles would make that in a day so for it to sit there it should make that. Of course I usually cut people a break when a truck sits all day. 800 would probably get 1 truck, 1 skid for a day, and 1 driver/operator. depending on a lot of factors. I try to stay at 1000/day if it is a day job. But truthfully I don't really like day jobs.
  8. Barrett Landscaping

im willing to bet ill be there for around 6 hours doing the cleanup. so thats within the goal that i try to make for these kinds of reclamation jobs
  9. Eagleland

Eagleland LawnSite Member

Grab the billy goat, it's well worth it imo.
  10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

6 hours is a the same as a day too me so I bill accordingly.

Looks pretty simple and I would figure a days labor depending on crew size.
    So figure expenses and profit and if your happy with 700.00 for a days work then I would go with it. All companies have different operating expenses so that will affect the price.