Am I in the ballpark for clearing out this back yard?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Barrett Landscaping, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I should also mention that this is a fifth of the overall job so we will be there for around two and a half days total if they go with us

Posted via Mobile Device

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

That does make a difference in estimating cost.

From the pictures you will need some type of rough cutter rather than weedeaters which you have already discussed. You should be able too make multiple passes over that stuff and grind it up and leave it. I do this kind of work quite often and it turns out well if done right. Good luck!

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

not sure if I asked already, but is that cherry worth anything to a furniture maker with a mini mill? Might make a friend if you delivered a good-condition log the size you mentioned.

4. Barrett Landscaping

I did think about that but i do not have a way to get the whole log out intact if it is descent all the way through. If it is any good I probably will keep it for personal firewood at the shop though

5. Barrett Landscaping

and i never said i was charging less due to this not being the only part of the job. i was saying that to the people who were saying that mobilizing for that would not be worth it. on top of this we have to mulch with wood chips the area once it is cleared, fix a retaining wall, and do some planting and a spring cleanup/mulching in the front of the house. the point was that we will be there for around 2 days or so easily.

6. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

I love jobs like this! I would charge maybe a little more than you. But if you do other work for them/will be doing more work for them in the future, I think you're definitely in the ballpark.

7. GVL LLC

GVL LLC LawnSite Member

def. rent a billy goat brush cutter for this job. anything that you can push over it will cut. They definately save alot of time

8. Barrett Landscaping

Well guys I got the entire job which as stated before included this as a part of it. Its going to be a busy start to the season!!! Thanks for all your advice