Am I in the ballpark???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnut101, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I just wanted to know if I'm in the ballpark on my quote for a lawn install. The lawn is a little over 12000 sq. ft. It will need to be regraded. I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing the grading, or if a different company will be. If I have to regrade, I figure the total cost after everything would be $4,537.15. If I don't have to regrade it, we figured it would cost $3,684.13 Is this about right or am I way too high? Thanks for the help.

Brant

2. Lawnut101

Anyone? I need a little help here.

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sounds about right in my area. That would be what I would bid.... I am sure somebody from NJ will say that is 10k job, but if your sod cost $100 or less delivered and you have the right equipment to prep... sounds good to me.

4. Lawnut101

Cool. Thanks for the reply. This would be for hydroseeding. Does that change it at all? Where are you located?

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

A guy charges me $500 to do 12k ft of hydroseeding... there are too many variables getting prices over the internet.

6. adam's landscaping

adam's landscaping LawnSite Member

I do hydroseeding in the south. I dont know what all your material cost is but it sounds like it's a little over a quarter of an acre.... 4000.00 seems a little high.

I could get about 1000.00 for that not including the prep work.... with prep i'd charge another 1000.00