Am I in the ballpark?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by boatcapt, Feb 19, 2013.

1. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

I have a job where a client would like to have an area of 200 sq.ft. rocked. Half of it is mulched now, so I would take that out and install river rock. the remaining 100 sq ft. I would have to take up the grass and build the bed and install rock. She wants simple metal edging put down around the bed. I'm at about $760 on the beds.

She has a area of 110 sq ft. that she wants pavers put down. I'm at $650 material wise and $400 in labor. So $1150 for the pavers.

I don't want you guys to price the job for me, I just want to know if I'm in the ballpark. I haven't done much installs, just mostly maintenance so far. But trying to expand my business.

Thanks for any help you may give.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

You in fair game:waving:

3. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

For the pavers, what type, how much base, type of edging, need to be cut? etc

4. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

15 3/4" pavers, 3" of base, regular metal edging. Grass doesn't need to be cut, but I hope to pick it up for the year
    for maintenance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Is that price to prep the area for pavers or just lay them? How many hours did you figure to come up with $400? Also do you have the tools (compactor, transit, etc...) or will you have to rent them?

6. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Prep the area. I figured 5 hours labor. I have the tools.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GSL

GSL LawnSite Member

Your in the ballpark but you can defiantly get a couple hundred more

8. boatcapt

boatcapt LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I ended up charging $1275 for the pavers and $760 for the beds.