1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Am I killing thier grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Aug 4, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

At one of my accounts today I noticed that in a small area in back of the house, I could see some of my tracks from last week. The tracks are dead dry grass laying down as if I just passed over them.
    The area around it is pretty dry and it was REALLY hot when i mowed last week.
    The areas of lawn that are shaded or watered (over flow from nighbor's lawn) look perfectly fine

So, will the grass "bounce back"?

Should I ask them to start watering those drier areas?

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

That's dought stress, bro. Yes, the mower killed the grass but it's not "really" your fault. The grass needs watering. It'll come back eventually with some irrigating or rainfall. If It doesn't get water by next week don't do that spot or don't mow in the same tracks as last week.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Did you kill their grass?

No, you came to mow it as they asked. Some areas have to be mowed and you did. Drought stress is correct and in the future just avoid the areas that aren't growing.

Now if they hired you to water their grass then I would say you should be fired but that isn't the case now is it?
  4. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Its not dead, its dormant. It will come back with water and cooler temperatures. Got the same thing here.