Am I Lazy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 17, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My wife thinks that I'm getting lazy, going from a walkbehind to a ZTR. I still do plenty of walking trimming. Then getting an ez-gate(let her lift that 200lb gate all day). Then I had to mulch over 200 individual trees spread out over about 9 acres. So I used my gator to do the job instead of a wheelbarrow-truck won't fit in all areas. I think I'm just being efficent. Work smart-work less.
  2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Your not lazy your working smater not harder that is the only way to do it. I went to a ZTR and love it I am not all worn out at the end of the day and I had a sulky but standing still for a while makes your legs tired. For mulching the trees that is the only way to go ecspecialy if you have that equipment you can put five wheelbarrows in that thing your not getting lazy just smarter anyway the faster you get done the more money you make.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Have your wife do some on the job training with the slow equipment and then have her try the new stuff. At the end of the trial I don't think you will have any more criticism unless she has a huge paid up life insurance policy on you and wants to spend it.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't that what wives are for? :) I hear the same thing!
  5. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

Wives are like our customers and we must educate them as well to keep them in the loop. Nothing better than communication when you are stepping up to a Lexus or a ZTR!!!<p>Bill Phagan
  6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill while I agree with you to an extent, I was advised not to share too much information with my wife by both my lawyer and acountant. As a sole proprietor liability issues arise which can make it a problem to get your wives' belongings if the owner of the business were sued for some reason. If your wife can claim ignorance then they suing party cannot take her possessions. If she is in on the biz, then it is another story. Yes, I have $1m liability, but what about when they sue for more than that? Thus the reason I am leaning towards incorporating in the near future, to shelter my investments in my family.<p>Just my $0.02
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The first thing you should have learned in Marriage 101 is, The wife is always right, the husband is always wrong. So, to answer the question if she says you are lazy yes, you are!<p>Bill