Am I overreacting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by theyatesies, Jul 6, 2007.

1. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

I've got a question. I just had my emark lazer worked on because I got the drive belt in a bind and the electrical line to the PTO was cut. The dealer called me and I went to pick it up. I noticed that the bottom of the mower was dripping wet. I reached under the deck and there was about 3 inches thick of built up grass. I looked around at their facility and apparently they used my mower to mow their lawn. The lawn is about 5000 sf. I asked if they would clean the deck since they used my mower to mow their lawn and they got offended saying they had to check the PTO. I pointed out you dont need to cut the lawn to check the PTO just turn it on, not to mention do you need to cut 5000 sf. to see if the PTO works. AM I OVERREACTING?

2. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

I don't think that they need your mower to mow their lawn, do they?

3. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

We had a local welder fix a bent deck on one of our bobcats. When we went to pick it up, he cut his grass with our mower. We didn't really care much. His place was around 4000 square feet. Could of been 9000 square feet or 9 square feet. But hey, it's your mower, if you don't like what they did......don't take it back to them anymore.

4. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

A bent deck you might need to see if the cutting level is off o not.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I would be pissed off too!!!

6. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Tell them to clean it and fill the gas back up to what it was. If they ***** just say that will be the last time you will require their services and leave.

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

No biggie to me....your mower is on their property as I see it. They didn't beg you to bring your mower over to their shop to be fixed.

Whether its 4K sq. feet or 4 acres....these mowers are built for MOWING!! 4K square feet isn't going to hurt your mower & im sure your mower gets a little more grass built on it from doing your weekly lawns then on their little piece of the pie.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It's done all the time at mower shops. Why would they need their own mower when yours or someones is usually available?

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see a problem with it. What if they noticed something else wrong while they were mowing w/ it that you may not have noticed? Wouldn't you want to know about it or would you rather they just left it alone?

10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

and i bet they even used your gas to.i would never go back there.