am i slow???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jds720, Apr 10, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

so im a solo operater, and it takes me around 8hours to get 9 accounts done. some are full service, some just basic. all residental. desent size houses. im just trying to pick up the pace a little! not sure if thats normal:confused:

2. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ask yourself a few questions. Are you making money after it is all said and done and everything is payed for? Do the properties look good? Are you happy? If you answered yes to these questions then who cares if you are slow.

RCGM
    Brad

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

no way 2 know, I am solo and one day I CAN do 23 in 10 hours the next day maybe 8

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

The important part is to make sure (1. you are doing a good job, and (2. making enough money.

If yes to both of those, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

isnt the reason your out on your own to work at your own pace????? make the money you want take your time do it right and try not to retrace steps.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, that's actually super fast, I'm still working on getting UP to 5 yards a day.
    Then again I'm 41 and age and wear and tear from abuses years ago...

But it takes time, to get up to speed.
    I mean TIME, weeks, maybe a month or two.
    Even in my 7th year, it just don't come like crack-boom-bang in real life.

You just gotta take your time, concentrate on quality, let speed come along on its own.
    Which, if you're wondering if you're slow I would have to say you're doing it right.

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats about what I would be doing with your equipment list (with my clients, not sure what sizes, ect, you have. I am solo right now also.

8. thesodfather

thesodfather LawnSite Member

are you kidding?

9. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, he is.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How many sq ft are the lawns? I can do 3-4 25K lawns in an evening if I really bust my a$$.