Am I the Next Mike Leary?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

So mom me have worked out a deal w/ a client to do a small amount of work (~$4k) in exchange for this motor home... 1980 dodge, 36k miles, immaculate, one owner. We drove my dad out today and surprised him with what we're calling his new "mobile office" since it has a toilet and whatnot. Not quite airstream material, but maybe one day I'll have my beloved airstream remodeled and I'll tow it w/ this. Kind of a duplex thing then. The camper is SUPER clean, and everything is in like new condition, I was shocked first time I saw it. I might put up more pics once I get it.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Heck of a buy at that price, it seems.

Need beer fridge built-in!
  3. Cooooool what's the engine?
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i think it was a 396? that sound right, i think it's built on a 3/4 or 1 ton chassis, pretty solid and also has air springs in the back. kitchen, bathroom and 2 beds
  5. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

What ever works!
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Cool beans. Have fun man.
  7. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the racks on the roof will hold 20" pipe! great on-site base vehicle!:cool: Put your company logo on it and yo are set. Good tax deduction too! :laugh:
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

The majority of those from that time frame were 318 cryslers I think.
  9. This is actually a concept I'm considering. Real estate costs will kill you and who really needs an office in the service business? With todays technology scheduling, payroll, invoicing, etc can all be done without the office. My thought is getting a Road Trek setting it up for selling info/office stuff. I can be on the job to support the techs when they need me. Do service checks and sell overhauls. With my new partners we use google calendar for scheduling. I can see what is going on allocate the jobs in the most efficient way possible based on skill levels. Decide which jobs need my support or have overhaul potential. Plus I can use it to be a rep for my pigtails as I try to expand them to supply houses around the country.
  10. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds great. We need more pig tails! :waving: