Am I the only LCO in CT that did a Mulch job in late JAN?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Feb 2, 2012.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I removed a lot of brush and the customers wanted me to lay down mulch. I kind of needed the money but tried to push it till late March or early April. I had a neighbor standing out of his front door looking at me unloading it from my truck. What an awkward moment lol. Hey if spring wants to come early then do your spring work ;-)

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I would LOVE to get out there!! We've got a few jobs that are waiting....... just waiting........

3. soloscaperman

This winter I only plowed twice the first was in October near Halloween. I only did a few since it melted quickly. I have done about 6 side jobs this winter from brush removal, tree work, and mulch.

4. Lefet

Plow? What's a plow???? :laugh:

5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

It is a big yellow blade that scrapes money off the ground.

6. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I blew leaves today.
    NOT a lie!

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't ask the guys online this if they were working they wouldn't see the post. If you really did want to know I think the mulch supplier could tell you when you went to the yard and ask so you selling much mulch these days? My guess is your the only one I once finished my fall clean ups on Feb 1st but we had gotten interrupted with snow like 5 times that season I think that was 2006.

8. Lefet

And how much "money" have YOU seen laying around lately????

9. soloscaperman

My town has free mulch. The customer wanted it for the back yard on a cliff near the woods. I don't like using the towns mulch to begin with.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i do all the mulch jobs in the fall around november/december during the same time i do leaf cleanups. it's too hot in the spring here to do that kind of thing plus mowing is going full swing in the spring.