am i the only one ??? broken finger's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nekos, May 25, 2006.

1. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

am i the only one dumb enough to get my finger's caught between a fence post and the handle bars of a lawn mower ??? lol

i snapped my finger yesterday on a fence post cutting a lawn that was severely over grown , for way to little $$$ , that i got suckered into cutting as a favor to a good customer that for some reason will not pay me :cry:

arrr bad day yesterday ... on the good side , at least i have a sadistic friend that didn't mind resting my finger. got one more day of cutting before i can go to the hospital .:dizzy:

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I clipped a fence post with the deck at top speed once, hit the fixed bars hard enough to require re-welding the bar at the seam and also put a hairline fracture on a few ribs, the pain lasted 3-4 months. Oh yes, and for a customer who's yard I underpriced to be a nice guy, thou he did pay here's reason number 9000 to never charge less than you should.

3. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

lol agreed !!!

he told me he only needed me for 6 week's. after that 6 week's is up he is dropped or the price goes to what i should be charging. almost double !!!

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Good customer--Not pay???????:hammerhead:

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Last week I was pulling back my heavy wooden ramp and it fell off the back end of the truck onto my toe:(

Man did it hurt But I didn't react because I didn't want to draw attention, lol. But I thought I split my big toe I was scared to look down and see blood. When I got home my big toe was just slightly purple.

6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I do not run pistol grips just for this reason.
    The Pro-steer set up on my 36" machines has saved many a crewman's fingers.

7. MowForLess

MowForLess LawnSite Member

I got a nasty paper cut counting my money last night....Almost turned it in on insurance.

Seriously though, we could start a thread on: Sh*t happens. Like last night when I was cutting a creekside with the goat. Slipped and busted my arse infront of a few homeowners enjoying their dinner on their back patio accross the lake.

8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

always get caught but never broken.... if i broke any body part on someones house while doing a favor i would sh it and pisss on there front stoop if they didnt pay

9. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

My hedge clippers bit me on the thigh a few weeks back. Waited for the blood to soak through, turns out it was just a nasty bruise.:clapping: Frankly, it was a little too close to the cherries for my taste.

10. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

same question