Am I to late?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by magicmike, Mar 30, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

Well its been 6 weeks and I still havent received my license yet... Its already March 30th, the weather is finally starting to get nice... The grass will be growing soon... Do you guys think its to late?
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. magicmike

No not drives license lol my consumer affairs license to landscape in the county. Sorry I wasnt clear about that.:hammerhead:
  4. cslawnandlandscape

cslawnandlandscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

are you required to be licensed if you are mowing lawns? In CT (at least for now) it only applies to landscaping...mowing no license needed.
  5. magicmike

Yea it's a requirement. But it's easier to get the license just for mowing and maintenance. It's kinda pointless since every homeowner can now there lawn if they choose just another way for the county to make money
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Move out of that communist state and live like an American... liscence to mow... wow,,, are you guys whipped... :)
  7. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

Occupational licensure is a slap in the face to me. And it will lead to more risk exposure for those that are licensed. Is insurance required? How many types? Maybe they will require Errors and Omissions for you guys in case you have a straggler or you forgot to blow off the back patio. Lawyers love occupations that require insurance - it makes a poor boy a very likely candidate for a suit.
  8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

If it is coming I wouldn't worry about it and get started.
  9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent statement,

Lawyers are also a very popular Lobbying group, and an 'Authoritative Consultant' for regulatory committees...

Yet people believe it good, becuz it the law... its 'Conspiratorial' to believe that our 'leaders' are giving us bad laws on purpose...
  10. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

in Wisconsin we don't need a license to mow or landscape!