1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Am I under bidding myself????

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by etatum, Apr 27, 2005.

1. etatum

etatum LawnSite Member

I have to pull up 7 dead box shrubs that are 2.5 feet tall and about 2.5 foot wide, by hand and shovel, and dispose of these shrubs. Prep the bedding area for new plants, by adding tree and shrub mix. Plant 5 Dwarf Yaupon's, then transplant another 2.5 foot tall and about 2.5 foot wide Box shrub from the side yard to this same area. I will be doing this by myself. I am bidding $285.00. Its for an elderly couple that I have been mowing for 3 years.

Also, whats the odds of this box shrub surviving a transplant. Its a very heathly shrub.

Tatum Outdoor Solutions.
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good bid is that what you are asking?
    The shrub should transplant fine if you take some steps.Dig and prep a wide hole for it first.have hose close by.At Box,have tarp ready,push sharp spade down at a angle about 2' out from center of box,all the way around it,don't remove any soil,then take trenching shvl( I do anyway)and push it all the way under all round,then use longhndled shvl to lift Box up ,Prop,do same otherside tel lets go,slide onto
    tarp ,move to new hole and plant at same depth as it was before.water well several times.