1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

AM Leonard Wheelbarrow = Brentwood Wheelbarrow?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rawtoxic, May 15, 2012.

1. rawtoxic

rawtoxic LawnSite Member

I am wondering the quality level of the AM Leonard Poly wheelbarrows?

I can get one for about $50 less than a Brentwood and we are needing about two more for our company. From what I see online they are the same but maybe someone owns both and can give me some insight?

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep can't go wrong, I've had mine for a while and it's holding up just fine
  3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

We've had very good luck with the heavy duty Jackson wheelbarrows from lowes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we have several of the amleo units, probably the same things as the brentwood. I will say this their paint sucks, flakes off pretty bad, I've had a few handle break and the plastic ones we own have faded badly and one actually cracked over the winter. other than that I love the big tire, I wish I could find a jackson w/ that wide tire because the jackson is superior in every other aspect.
  5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not a fan of a poly tub. They break near the bottom at the bolt holes. The POLY duel wheel Jackson wheelbarrows around here seemed to be notorious for it. My dad gave me a wheelbarrow that was already 30 years old and I've had it for another 7 and still going strong with the original handles etc. Search for "FOLDED" Tub wheelbarrows...... the best and strongest, durable one you can buy.
  6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man as soon as one of my handles break I'm going to Frankenstein the big wheel onto one of my Jackson's, such a good idea