Amazing amount of John Deere $

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by redoak77, Mar 25, 2007.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

So this isnt exactly mowing equipment but i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this train on my way back to college today. We counted at least 60 brand new JD combines, and that was before the train dissapered under the bridge so there was definitly more.

IMAGE_00045.jpg

IMAGE_00044.jpg

IMAGE_00043.jpg

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

fresh load from china?

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, these high grain prices are selling lots of new farm equipment. That, plus much of the plains has been under sever drought for a long time, but this year is actually WET for a change. Lots of high hopes for this years wheat crop out here.

4. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

i doubt it.

5. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

i meant about the china load.

6. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

i don't think they are from china. They were in cleveland and seemed to be heading west. Maybe time to buy som JD stock. Figure those are about $250,000 a piece.

7. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder what the liability would be for a train derailment!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Then maybe they are headed to china.

9. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Duekster, why all the **** talkin on deere? Maybe someone is a jealous? Deere makes a great machine and is "American" as they get. We are in the age of global economy. Get used to it.

10. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

All those are made in the U.S.A.!!! I think those would sink in China's rice fields. They've got a billion hands to harvest grain! LOL.