1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Amazing ....but a good laugh

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ozd12005, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I was out and about doing some running around today and was amazed when I seen an lco cutting grass. The temp is 44 and there's snow covering have the grass, I soooooo wish I had a camera cuz that picture would have been worth a million laugh's
  2. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

that's really not very funny. Sounds like he was trying to get final cuts done and out of the way to make his springtime a bit easier. Plus, I had customers who said "if there's time and the snow melts, can you come back for a touchup?" Hmmm, let's see, $150/hr fall cleanup rate, I like money, yeah sure!
  3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

if there is still snow on the grass it's pretty funny!
  4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

If there's snow on the grass then half the grass is most likely matted down and frozen. when it thaws it will look like crap. I don't mow in snow. :) Was there snow shooting out of the discharge chute? THAT would have made me laugh!
  5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

mowen snow? Did he have a plow on the front of it? I really do not have to deal with snow where i am at so the mental picture is off
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done clean-ups when there is still some snow around. The last few Decembers we have gotten snow early in the month, then it melts off and we go back to work. Last clean-up we did was the second week in January this year.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We finished a couple of cleanups last year when it was snowing out. The Walker sucked up the leaves and the snow. At least it was easy to see where you went.
  8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Does snow dull the blades? lol
  9. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Half the grass was covered in snow and there are the small mounds on the edge from whoever shoveled. He was running with a bagger so I didnt see any snow throwing lol.
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

hes gonna kill the grass go back when theres no snow and look at the black marks on the grass