Amazing flyer response rate

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnranger44, Apr 14, 2005.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Passed out flyers over spring break...only 500.

We got 13 responses so far...thats over 2.5% response rate!

We did a few things different, wrote in estimates on the flyers, and included our website (www.kwlawnrangers.com) so i attribute our success to these things. Anybody else getting a good response like this?

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Not even close! Sounds like you are doing the right thing. One thing to check on a response rate like that is to ensure you are not underpricing yourselves. I would not mind seeing your flyer if you could post it. Nice job on the web site too. Nice and simple!

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I like your website, very simple and well layed out! Good job.

4. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I tried to post my flyer, but it says it is too big. Anyone know how I can get around this?

I also added some pics to the flyer, which I think definitely made them more catchy.

5. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

I really liked your website, very impressive.

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I had 2 of my guys pass out 3000 and Ive gotten over 45 calls. and 75% of those calls are for landscape work, and the rest for areation and cutting. Im glad they are for landscape, I hate cutting. Im just going to pass out like 1000 every month now, just so my company name stays in peoples heads.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

My response rate is great also, I put them out over a month ago and the calls are still rollin in.

8. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe people would rather see a price up front then to call up.
    What did you do prewalk all of the houses before you put the flyer in the door?

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i wouldnt put the price up their. I just got my target market and had em pass out 3k flyers. and then just do those same houses once every few weeks to keep my name in their head :) git r dun

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Like your website but if I may make a few suggestions.

1. You have a picture of a street curb showing your straigh edging. The problem is that it shows weeds growing in the cracks of the street. I always spray those and then take a wee eater to remove them. It would make a much better picture.

2. Someone is mowing without a shirt. I think this is not very professional and would look much better with a shirt on.

Just my opinion.