1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Amazing how stupid some are driving

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, May 31, 2007.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I was parked on the outside of a parking lot to the local grocery store my truck is too large to park inside the lot when its busy there is a nice wide shoulder I park on and all big trucks park on. It is easy to pull off the main road and onto the wide spot.

Anyhow I'am ready to leave I look in my mirror on my passenger side to see if its all clear I let the traffic go I have my turn signal on to pull onto the road it was clear when I pulled out then I hear this horn and some stupid b***d is trying to keep on going I guess she wasn't paying attention.

She is trying to drive around me then cuts me off and blocks the road the traffic is all jammed up she is trying to turn into the parking lot. She glares at me like its my fault and shakes her head. Saying to myself go away you stupid idiot its not my fault your not paying attention to the road I was 3/4s into my lane.

It is amazing how stupid some people are if they see a truck pulling out let him in. I should have kept on going I would have ripped the side right out of the car. Not going to hurt a steel flatdeck and a 9300lb truck. I loved the glare I got from her it was on the tip of my tounge to say something but I didn't.

I seen alot of stupid people last summer mainly female drivers no offence to women but man you see them swearving all over the road talking on cellphones or doing everything but looking at the road.

Oh the fun and joys of dealing with idiots sure glad I don't drive for a living.
  2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, there is a bunch of crazy people out there. Add some farm machinery in the mix and they get real crazy. They try to pass you on britges and everything. There is a few I could have just have got out and whipped I was so mad. Im very respect to people with equipment. I can tell some stories let me tell ya.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

driving a tow truck for the past 4 years part time i can recall more than my fair share of bad drivers...sad thing is a good portion of them resulted in fatalities...on scene the cops are scared to curse and blame some drivers for accidents its pretty funny seeing them get all rilled up
  4. Gravel Rat

People don't pay attention they cut big trucks off that can't stop on a dime or people that swearve over the center line of the road into the oncoming lane. We have problems with the crotch rockets they do some real stupid things one day their head will become a speed bump for one of the trucks.

The women today just pizzed me off I wish she would have rearended me then it would be her fault then I would claim whiplash or damage to my truck.

If that stupid women pulled the same stunt with the local gravel trucks they would have just run right over her hood and kept on going. The food delivery trucks do it their own way. Anytime they are backing down the alley to make the deliveries they swing around and block the road off they don't care who is coming.

One of the truck driver I know that hauls B trains of lumber here says if he doesn't get flipped the bird from some impatient women its not a good day :laugh:
  5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

along the same lines, have you ever noticed that it is the smaller cars that seem to get in your way the most when towing heavy. if they only knew. i live on a small 2 lane road. there is a section where it really tightens up, off one side a very steep drop to the river with no guardrails the other side is a bank. i have gotten into the habit of coming to a complete stop there due to the little cars determined to play chicken. drives me up the wall.
  6. Gravel Rat

When your in business and have experience pulling heavy loads or hauling heavier loads be it a loaded 1 ton mason dump or a P/U truck pulling a trailer with a mini or skid steer you really start to notice the idiots on the road.

Some commercial drivers are idiots too and makes you wonder how they got their CDL.

The problem we are seeing here is big city attitude driving habits in a rural community there is no courtousy now.

I would have loved ripping the front end off the dumb womens car yesterday that would have made my day. If your too stupid to see there is a 1.5 ton truck in your way doesn't it mean you should stop.

I also like the ones that follow so close you can't see their license plate you jam on the brakes hard a few times they back off. If I have a whole bunch of traffic built up behind me and I can't do the speed limit because the truck is heavy I pull over or if it is a straight section of road I will hug the shoulder of the road and go slowly with my passenger side turn signal on and let the traffic by. All the roads here are two lanes not many passing lanes so I try let people get by me.

Some people are too ignorant especially motorhomes travelling at 20-30km (13-19 mph) under the speed limit. Or even cars doing the same they think oh its a rural area we don't need to do the speed limit so they are doing 50kms in a 80km limit (31mph 50mph).
  7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

from the stand point of motor homes. my dad drives his about right at or a touch below the speedlimit. from his point of view. much easier to stay in the slow lane and let folks pass you rather than going a bit above the limit and trying to wrestle a 40' behemoth in traffic.....

Yesterday on the way home within 2 miles. one person made a lane change into my lane enough that I had to jam the brakes and go into the shoulder, a second person made a left hand turn in front of me when i was about 50 feet from the intersection doing 30mph and second person jammed on their brakes in front of me to avoid a squirrel. I swerved around them and poor little rocky ran in my path...thump thump...
  8. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I almost killed someone a few weeks ago for something even worse... I was in my truck loaded pulling my trailer with the machine on it, total GVW someplace around 50,000lbs.. going through a light that just turned yellow and a little black honda civic blew through the light from my left... I didnt see the car comming but the guy riding with me did and yelled... I swerved to the left with no time to even hit the brakes and JUST missed the car... I think I even smelled the chiottt that came out of his arse....If I had hit them, there would be no boubt in my mind they woulda been killed...
  9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Its not just women who do stupid things on the road, its todays attitude, no one gives a damn anymore.
  10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You got it.....