1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ambien - The wonder drug!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Oct 10, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

All my life I have been a late to bed late to wake person. It's not unusual for me to go to bed at 2:00 am and sleep until 12:00 noon, not much for a productive day! I have taken other sleep aids, all which contain Benadryl which causes me to be tired the following day. I have also tried the natural route with no success.

Well, when I went to the doc last month I spoke to him about this and was open for suggestions, I think I need to start getting more rest and I defiantly need to get up earlier! He gave me Ambien 5 mg to try and what a difference! I fall asleep with no difficulty, sleep all night, wake feeling well rested with no lingering effects because it only stays in your system for 4 hours.

The most amazing part, I normally sleep through alarms but now after being on Ambien for 1.5 weeks I wake at 8 or 8:30 am by myself with no alarm and have no desire to go back to sleep! :eek: If any of you guys/gals have this problem this is without a doubt worth a try. My days (before getting sick) were much more productive. Good for business.

Ray

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I take it Ambien is a prescription...not over the counter?

3. KirbysLawn

4. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

That might just be the answer for me. As it is, it's a Unisom a night for this guy or I'm up half the night (and still up at 6 AM!)...

-TGC

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

kirbys...--I am familiar with ambien. please make sure that you find out every bit of information that you can about this product. some of what I have heard is conflicting.

a trick that might help is to take a couple benadryl caps. they contain the same active ingredient as tylenol pm (dipenhydramine).

GEO

6. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Hey kirby: you haven't been taking advice from richard2, now have you? Will your next post be on AMBIEN- to snort or just mix with the two cycle and drink?

7. KirbysLawn

Geo, I can't take Benadryl and be "awake" the following day, it knocks be out and I stay drousy. I have not taken Ambien this week due to being sick but I'm still waking on my own. The plan is to take it for a few weeks, get on a sleep pattern and get off.

8. dhicks

dhicks Member

Hey Ambien is a great drug and comes in both 5 and 10 mg tablets. It is one of the newer designer drugs and is very safe. However, if there is a possibility that you can go a few nights withOUT Ambien on a regular basis, it will continue to do a good job. However, continuing to take Ambien on a continuing basis will effects its ability to make you sleep. At that point, you have to increase the dosage, or discontinue taking Ambien for a week or more.

Pleasant Dreams.

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Kirby, Come to Alabama and work with me for a week................you'll have no problems sleeping at night!

Homer

10. KirbysLawn

Thanks Homer but I have my load here. I wish that were true but it's not, even after working 12+ hours mowing, aerating or whatever, I still would stay up all night.

I've been totally exhausted after working all night at MEDIC, mowing all the next day and still staying up the next night until 1 or 2. Have any days like that?

Welcome back by the way!

Ray