American Blade Runner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r.eckley, Aug 11, 2003.

1. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I am wondering why you never hear any thing about the blade runner any more? Were they just not selling ? are They Still in bus? Are they just a missouri mower? Looked kinda crude but pretty tough.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO they looked to be copying Dixie Chrapper. ( which is a poor design)

3. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Poor Design??? WTF!! Do you Own one? Have you ever operated one.....? Please we need Educated answers here!!!! Yeah, the Blade Runner does share the same characteristics of the Chopper, plenty of power and the ability to cut at speed...

4. Bunton Guy

Choppers ' loosen up ' quicker than most popular brands. I see it first hand on a weekly basis.

5. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

LBL, you're just a "pup" in this business. You'll learn soon enough to never say never, but obviously you don't yet. Dixie Chopper is a major player in the commercial lawn mower business and if there is a machine out there that performs better, I've yet to own one and I've owned most of the "major" brands including Bobcat, Bunton, Exmark, Grasshopper, Hustler, Lesco, and Scag. Dixies get more done for me than any other mower I've owned to date. Minimal downtime and the best striping in the business straight out of the box. My company mows between 400 an 500 acres a week so I'm not just blowing smoke up your nose....................Lynn

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

r.eckley....If you would like to know why blade Runner is no longer on this site or mentioned, email me.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Which parts are you seeing "loosen up"?

I have a 2001 Dixie with 750 hours on it and it is virtually all original right down to the belts.

8. Bunton Guy

Being a " pup " I am...I agree....but my friend (12 years in the repair biz) has his own humble opinion on the dixie choppers as he has worked on them for over 12 years now. Im just passing on what he says..I have no opinion on Dixie due to I have never ran one or sat on one. Very few guys around here run them.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Non-existent up here...didn't know they even existed until I came across them on LS.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ditto. I've still never seen one around here.