american express card

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tierralawn, Sep 2, 2003.

1. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

ANYBODY USING THE AMERICAN EXPRESS BUSINESS CARD. WANTED TO KNOW ,IF ITS WORTH THE ANNUAL FEE. AND THE NO PRE- SET LIMIT. SOME OF MY VENDORS DO NOT ACCEPT IT . WONDER WHY. THANKS BILL:blob1: :blob3:

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

why pay for a card when u can get them free

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I agree with PJB there is all kind of free cards and I have moved from a card I have to pay for to my free card with lower set interest rate. I have one bank one if you really need one. Other than the above they are no different than the rest(late fees suck).

4. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i love my amex solely for the reason it controls spending to some sort, b/c what you spend in a month has to be paid for at the end of the month. no spending $4000 and get a bill with a $200 min. payment. most merchants dont take it beacuse amex charges the merchant 3% on the total of your charge, most other companies i hear are about 1.5%. tony

5. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

thankyou

6. Cracker

Cracker LawnSite Member
    from KS

I pay for everything with my Discover card, even my other bills, wife pays it off every month. I earn 2% cash back.
    How do you beat that?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

don't pay an annual fee on a card, it's pointless

8. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey cracker, Nice icon.

9. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I use the AE card. I get one point for every dollar I spend. 25,000 points will be buy me one round trip ticket on continental airlines from Phoenix to anywhere in the continental US.

I also use the card as leverage with my vendors. They pay around 3-4% to AE to get their money. I will ask if they will give me the 3-4% discount if I pay by check or cash. Also, if you spend allot with your card you can ask to have the fee waived. The fee is $55.00 a year.

I put anywhere from 10-20K on it per month. That adds up to a lot of points and airline tickets.

Peace,

Rex