American Hauler Brand Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I am looking at American Hauler enclosed trailers at a local dealer and am wondering how the quality is. Anyone have one?

2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 6X12 utility traler, its great

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

You buy it at Heavy Hauler?

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

5. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased one myself three years ago. 7 by 18. Dual axle the whole nine yards. American Hauler is the sister company of US Cargo. These trailers usually come with many standard features that are options on others. Mine came with brakes on all four wheels, an adjustable coupler, LED lighting, Beaver Tail on rear door, 1 inch thick plank flooring. Also came with floor beams placed every 12 inches as compared with the standard 24 inch spacing. These trailers are heavier, but hold up really well for many, MANY years. I will never buy anything else. I've owned several others, and am glad I've made the switch. Well worth the extra coin. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask further questions.:usflag::usflag:

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

good to hear, thanks. im deciding between a 7x12 single axle for 3450 and a 7x14 tandum w/extra height for 4250.

7. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

go with the dual axle trailer. Much easier to tow and easier on the truck. Also, trailer will be less likely to sink in soft ground. Two more tires to distribuite the weight. Also, get a trailer for where you see yourself in five years. If you grow, a small trailer will need to grow as well. These things don't have a high resale value. Keep the questions coming:usflag: