American Lawn & Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AmericanLawn&Landscape, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Any double axle trailer legally needs brakes. You could put them on and wire then up yourself, but your looking at another $400-$500 dollars. Then you would also need to get a trailer brake controller in the truck. If that trailer came off the hitch and started rolling into oncoming traffic, and had no brakes with a brake away controller, it could easily kill someone, and with no brakes you are 100% liable. It's the perfect size trailer, but if you want to operate commercially, you need brakes. Besides, it will be much harder to control without them
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

The trailer is already wired for them, and I have a brake controller. They just need to he hooked up
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Cody S

I'd say go for it. Brakes won't be too hard to do
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AmericanLawn&Landscape

I got an email about brush hogging two acres for someone. What kinda estimate should I throw at them? I honestly have no clue where to even begin
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Cody S

You have a tractor with a brush hog?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Depends how thick it is and how long its been since it was last done. Ive done a few at 65/hour. Sounds like a 2 hour job so id be at $130. Keep it up, youll make it big one day

7. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I need to get some type of thread started! I'm just waiting till I get everything up and going. As of now I cut 3, 2acre homes then 7, one acre homes. Once I get a truck and get licensed I'm going for more! I live way down south Florida close to Miami!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I would go for that trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AmericanLawn&Landscape

we have a a ford 4600 SU Diesel with a brush hog, and a few other tractors. They are my dads for working around his house. But if I put the gas in it, and fix what I break. I can use them anytime for free.
    Alright i'll go check it out. And Thanks a lot, seems like I have more people telling me my business idea is ''dumb and never gonna happen'' , I appreciate the support.

10. Cody S

Oh hell man then yeah go for the brush hogging. Like LandFakers said, $60 to $70 an hour is about what your looking at. Don't worry about the naysayers, I have them all around me myself while I'm trying to grow. Just keep doing what your doing, you keep at it you'll be big in no time at all. Most of these people are the ones that had dreams of their own that got crushed a long, long time ago.