American manufacturing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by irrig8r, Apr 6, 2012.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks James.

2. irrig8r

As far as Luma, I'm only going by the info they publish on their site.

"Luma Lighting strives to provide the highest quality brass and copper outdoor lighting fixtures, handcrafted in the U.S.A."

So, you're saying that "striving to provide" isn't the same as doing it?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  3. irrig8r

Interesting distinctions.

4. emby

emby LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Excelsior Lighting

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Not to be off topic per say, I manufacturer Two products here in the USA and I sell all over the world. Proud of that fact, and will continue to be made in the USA by citizens of the USA.
    easy-lift guy

6. irrig8r

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Ken... Did someone leave Vision3 and open up Excelsior? It sure looks that way to me. Their products look like exact copies of Vision3, who we know was founded and operated by some guys who left BK. Will Vision3 be launching legal proceedings against Excelsior just as BK sued Vision3? Why bother with the new upstart selling an identical line of products to an established competitor... is there a significant price advantage?

8. emby

emby LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Really....I am sure they are not the "exact" same. They might look a like but gees, so do these:

Check these out: https://store.illumicaregroup.com/Demeter_p_83.html
    Flush mount, louvered, well sealed, approved for use with either 20W MR16 or LED MR16 lamps.

Or you could go really expensive and look at: http://www.hunza.co.nz/product-index/sllu.html

Not much difference.... except of course in the price!

Just saying....

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

The Vision3 and the Excelsior do look identical whereas you can see obvious differences between the Illumicare and Hunza fixtures.

Ken you mentioned Excelsior, so I assume you have seen or used the product. If so, what is the story there? It is a new brand to me and by the looks of their website they are pretty new to the market as well.

10. dglights

dglights LawnSite Member

Doesn't look like they have the patented locking knuckle. Vision3 and BK both have different patents on this.