American Owned and Operated

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ZaK18, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I am considering putting this phrase on my doorhangers that Im putting out on high end homes. Do you think this will start any controversy? I believe that the type of customers that It will attract, wont mind paying a higher price for my service. I believe it is important to them to have americans mowing there lawn...let me know what you guys think :usflag:

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had two people this year ask me not to send americans on their lawn. They actually wanted to make sure my employees were hispanic. They said the last LCO had americans that were lazy, not very good gardners and suspected them of smoking grass instead of mowing it. My buddy tried the same thing "All American Lands." he folded up after 6 months. He could not find workers, he was offering $15 an hour to start.

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

DO IT. this other guy is blowing smoke up your ass

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not blowing any smoke. I think it's sad. In my area you would be hard pressed to find an american laboring in the sun. This is something I'm really disturbed by as an american.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

they are hard workers , i was unable to keep up with my hispanic guys .
    well , I could for an hour or to

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Hispanics can be American too you know...:usflag:

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I would try it just to see what the response was. You might hit on a great marketing Idea :clapping:

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

or it could be you just dont know what your talking about. i have a 65k a year condo complex that refuses to see anything but mexicans on their property.... if you think you can work harder than some of the mexicans out there your sadly mistaken..

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think if you do it you will be helping yourself to some natural selection, meaning it is possible good things come from it, but chances are at least as good that you will end up regretting it.

Here is how I figured my decision:
    Best-case scenario, I would say your chances of success are 50/50...
    Worst case, I dare say your chances of failure are 100 percent.
    Ok, maybe best case is better than 50/50, but it's not 100 percent for sure, is it?
    Another way to say it is, I am 100 percent sure something bad could happen,
    but I'm not that sure this is a good idea... It could be, but...

Why take a chance? Leave it off and you'll never question the tactic while you likely lose nothing. Put it on and it's like testing a mechanism to see if it will backfire (as you're thinking... well, it shouldn't).

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

WTF is all this chit suppose to mean? :dizzy: Topsite engage brain before you start typing :confused: