Amerseal (Did the search)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Jan 26, 2003.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to put sealer in the rear tires of the new Lazer. Was leaning toward "Slime" but did some checking and it says that Amerseal is a lifetime deal, but slime should be removed from the tire after two years to keep the rim from rusting. Also "Amerseal" seals the sidewall and rim while Slime only covers the bottom of the tire. Need some input on this subject and where is a good place to order "Amerseal" from.The amerseal website says you can order direct from them but gives no price. Anybody order from them?
  2. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Most Napa Stores sell Amerseal , make sure it says Amerseal . Really good stuff
  3. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I use only amerseal. It is a real good produt. I am a dealer for the stuff how much do you want?????
  4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i use the gemplers a little cheaper and works very well. I have had sidewall punctures and it sealed them. Look them up at
  5. SLIME does not rust the rim, that is fix-a-flat...
  6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

The real key is to use something. I don't think it matters what you use. It is nice to use something reasonable in price, because you have to use a lot of marerial in tire. Specially if you want to plug something in side wall.

7. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Trick for the sidewall,
    Take the tire off and lay it on the side the hole is on. It will plug in a few minutes when the slime slides down to the hole.
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have never heard or read that slime will rust the rims. I have had in some tires for over 4 years without any problems.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When I have a tire changed, I always tell the person (doing the changing) that there is tire sealer inside. They all seem to appreciate this.
  10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member