1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

AmF Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by whacked_46, May 18, 2004.

1. whacked_46

whacked_46 LawnSite Member

Hey All,

I was just given a ride on tractor from a buddy of mine. It starts and everything and engine is in good working order, but as with all older tractors it needs a bit of a tune up. The Logo on the Sides says itÂ’s an AmF. Its white and orange and has a Briggs and Stratton engine under the hood. The model number is 1042; I have no clue about the Horse Power or any of the engine specs. I called my local part shops, but they are really backed up right now.

All I am looking for is someone that can either direct me to a store or website that sells parts or gives info on this particular tractor.

Also I want to know who AmF is. I am thinking it is maybe American Massey Ferguson
  2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

ON the engine you will see Model Type and Code. That will tell you your engine specs. As for what AMF stands for I am not sure I will have to check on that. I will also try to check about parts.
  3. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn LawnSite Member

Not the same AmF that used to own Harley-Davidson?