Amines and Esters

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FINN, Jun 21, 2005.

1. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I understand the difference and the value of each.

I am looking for a source of information to tell me what products are one or the other. I'm reading lables but not finding it. I am trying to do some research on several products to determine which are amine and ester based formulations. I'd like to find more information about phenoxy and phenoxy free products as well. Any help to point me in this direction would be appreciated.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

lesco three way - an example of an amine

lesco three way ester - and example of an ester

These are two effective broadleaf weed control products...this is a start at least!
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

The info. you are seeking is definately on the label. It is found in the active ingredients section: DimethylAMINE salt of 2,4D, DimethylAMINE salt of MCPP, DimethylAMINE salt of .... well, you get the idea?
  4. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Thanks Mike. I have asked a lot of people about this. I have some Escalade and it reads as follows:

Dimethylamine Salt of 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid 39.53% by weight

1- Methylheptyl Ester of Fluroxypyr 11.82% by weight

So I'm thinking its an Amine because of the higher percentage. It was given to me by a landscaper who was doing some apps for customers before I started doing it for him. He's not certified. He gave me some other products and I am trying to learn as much about them as I can.