$ amount of new equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 20, 2004.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Now that spring is under way - how much money have you spent all ready. New mowers, trimmers, trucks, trailers?

Every year I think, I should be good for a while but something always looks good and b/f ya know it, its yours!

I have spent close to 10k this spring all ready. Gotta spot spending but what we did buy is working great, making us money 3-4 days a week and saves on my labor cost!
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

first year and spent about 2800 everything. on a new mower(1200), trailer(400), and stihl edger (375), trimmer(375), and blower(450).been workign great so far, but looking for a NEW enclosed 6x12 trailer. :) and i would like a 36in wb too!
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i spend about 38 grand so far this year i baught 3 new grasshoppers for ,000 i love them and i got a new hedge trimmer and 2 baggers for the hoppers
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Traded trucks (cost after all said an' done, about $500 including tags).
    Got commercial ins. on new truck ($1k more per year than regular ins. on other truck)
    Rebuilt trailer- $400?
    cheap old 32" Gravely- $100 to fix it up (traded a couple things for it, won't count their cost but they cost me $125 between the two, so $225 for the mower after repairs).
    thats the big stuff.... of course always lotsa little things here 'n there. Thinking of maybe trading the eXmark off too.... who knows.
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

7000.00 new mower, 1000.00 new 6x12 trailer, 239.00 new cub trimmer, another work truck 95 f-350 8000.00. Saving to buy a hydroseeder and a 8-10 blizzard plow.
  6. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Built new 12x6 trailor, new 48" ztr mower, and long hedge trimmers. All together plus insurance was 4800.00.
  7. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

SO FAR, in March i sold my old walkbehinds and bought 3 new bob-cats, 2 48s and a 36. Now, im switching over to exmark, so i dont even know yet. A stump grinder is in the future also.

8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

new ztr 6000
    trailer 750
    trimmer 250
    blower 450

comes to 7450:eek: Yikes i have to stop spending, still have to find a truck and a wb to.:eek: :eek:
  9. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

$0 and that is how I plan on keeping it. Keep my stuff in good shape. Anthing you spend on new equipment does not go in your pocket.

I keep stuff as long as possible stretching every profit dollar out of it. It is hard to not go out and buy the new stuff though.
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I get rid of or trade, my mowers every 3 years, thats how long I depreciate them out. That may change though.