amount of work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by selively, Mar 23, 2002.

1. selively

selively LawnSite Member

What do you think is the most lawns that 1 guy can handle on a weekly basis without killing himself .
    Selively

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

what size lawns? what kind of obstacles? what kind of equip? physical condition of man?

3. Commander

Commander Banned

As sts said; what size lawn?
    However, what is the maintenance level for the property? Some places like to have you weed all the gardens when you are there each week. Usually those people have fert programs which will keep you busy during the wet seasons. Now you also have those people who are not on fert plans, and it only takes 1 person 20 minutes to cut and go. How far apart are these properties? Also, what do you intend to do for side work? What about a mower? What do you intend to do for leaf season?

4. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

It all depends as the others said above. I know one guy who mows 30 lawns and another guy who mows about 40. If I were a sole mower I would do around 30 lawns. You have to tale in account the rain and down time so you don't want to over book.
    Travis

5. selively

selively LawnSite Member

I used to do more work had a couple of workers ect,
    turned from J.C. TO J.D Jack Daniels
    crashed and burned!
    99 left Hitched myself back To Jesus Christ and pulledmyself out of the Ditch.
    currently do 16 of which 4 are around 1 acre, use 21 inch walk behind
    and 54 inch walk behind
    Am hoping and expecting to someday get riding mowers!
    Recently acquired nursureymans liscence applicators liscense
    and also Install Auquascape design pond Kits!
    I Love doing what I do , but last 3 years have felt the wear and tear of it all!
    My goal is to stay at 20 or 30 reg lawns and pusue the other areas as well!

6. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Cool glad to see you went back to JC. JD will leave you without a JOB. 20- 30 should be fine for you. If you can be picky take only the good accounts. I wish you luck. May the grass and your pockets stay green.
    Travis:D

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Im a solo operator and have had as many as 51 accounts,,but have since cut down to 42 and they are the ones i want to keep 35.00 is my cheapest my charge is now 45.00 per cut,i do alot of large accounts 13yds with over a acer,i also,weed control in the beds,do annual color, fert, shrub care, areation,and mulching and overseeding. These services are done to around 60% of my clients,i do put alot of hrs in but im 52 and don't push myself into any pace i can't handel. It does get tough in the spring when the rain hits for 2days in a row,but i manage to get everything done,i have very good coustmers who are very understanding at such times. I do around 7 to 10 accounts per day and im a leget LCO and make a decent living,but im not getting rich but do manage to save enough to have a nice IRA,plus my 401k from my 19yrs with Sunoco Oil Co. Marks Mowing Service

8. Commander

Commander Banned

As you have seen, you can do 1 account by yourself each week, or you can do 50+ accounts each week. Depends on what kinds of places you want to work at.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if i had the lazer as a young man. i would have kicked out 10 to 15 a day. im talkin acre yds an under.