1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ams oil is it good or bad????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TazLandscapes, May 12, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I have a 2 2001 dodge 2500 trucks with 5,9 liter V8 engines.I had the oil changed about a month or so ago with napa oil and napa oil filters. well my truck which pulls a 16ft landscape trailer.When i checked it was almost empty.But a friend of mine has ams oil in his entire truck.from the engine and transmission to the rear end and whatever else he has and says it is a good investmet because it will be better than regular motor oil and will help with gas cost and helps gain horsepower. I know it is a costly investment.I just want something better than napa's crap.

Mike DiBiase
    Taz Lawncare

2. MHM

MHM LawnSite Member

I don't know about Ams oil but NAPA oil is Valvaline in a blue bottle. The filters are made by WIX both are good companies so you may want to check the motor over a little

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

If you've got a lot of miles on your rig, you might want to reconsider switching to a synthetic, mainly because it can find its way into gaps much easier & cause leaks. For me, I have 47500 miles on my '05 Cummins & I just decided to run Amsoil in it. As it was getting some miles it, it was just starting to get a bit loud, now she purrs like she did when I brought her home.

4. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I have about 60 thousand miles on my truck and 140,000 miles on my other truck.both trucks just got a complete tuneup about two months ago and i was more of thinking of getting amsoil because it is alot thicker than regular motor oil and would help keep everything lubricated when towing a full loaded landscape trailer up a hill.

Mike DiBiase
    Taz Lawncare