1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil 030 vs Mobile 1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RAlmaroad, May 24, 2012.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Was talking with the Scag Dealer about the synthetic oils. He recommended Mobile 1 over Amsoil because of the availability. Seems that Amsoil in this area is scarce or has to be ordered. Any pro choices of one over the other.
  2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Both are considered top sythetics. I run mobil 1 because its everywhere. Even wally world which I try to avoid like the plauge!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

Look on amsoils website for compareison tests I just order all mine not a big deal get it in 2 days
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a independent NAPA auto parts around you they might carry as they do down here, the corporate owned stores do not carry it but the independents do and their products actually offer a significant savings. I just switched my truck over to Amsoil OEM 5W-30 from mobil one as I never waited for the extended miles to change as I still believe in every 3K but wanted a quality oil. Amsoil in this instance cost me roughly $5.50 a quart vs $8 something for Mobil.
  5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Go to Amsoil's site and do a dealer search for your area. You may be suprised at how many private individuals very close to you are Amsoil dealers. I know I was. I have also found a nearby auto parts store that carries it for a very good price.
  6. mike

not sure if you have a costco card, but they carry M1 and run a coupon sometimes for $9 off a 6-pack. IT comes out to 4.5 or so per quart....

I run Amsoil in my Tundra and M1 in the mowers.....I get the Amsoil from an independent dealer on here....
  7. Landscape Poet

8. Blackstone Labs. It's $25 per sample or $35 if you want them to show the TBN. TBN shows how much additive is left in the oil you are currently getting sampled which tells if you can run longer intervals or not. I basically will be doing 1 change per year in the Tundra which is nice.
  9. Landscape Poet

Thanks for the info - just sent off for two kits. One for the vehicle and one for the main mower. I have a feeling on each, especially the vehicle I CAN go longer as I change every 3k, but would like to KNOW for sure.