Amsoil 030 vs Mobile 1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RAlmaroad, May 24, 2012.

1. I can tell you most mechanics and dealers are now saying 5K on conventional....synthetics way longer....

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I've run Mobil1 in all my engines for DECADES. All my mix is Amsoil Sabre 100:1. My hydro systems are half and half. I'm liking the Amsoil in the hydros and think they feel just a touch smoother. Amsoil 90w gear oil went into all my new turbo lube hubs on the trailers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Out of curiosity cause I know you take good care of your stuff... How many hours do you get out of your mowers?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i use mobil 1 since i can get it anywhere. i haven't seen amsoil for sale anywhere around here. either one is a great oil.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The three that have hour meters
    DC with the Generac is 3600+
    Wright with the Kawi is almost 4000
    Scag with a Kawi only has 850
    That's with original hydro gear too. Rebuilt 1 pump on the DC at 3000 hrs. PM is everything, whether its a pruning shear or a dump truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. I had a feeling you would say something like this...so WHY are guys changing mowers out at 1500 hours?? I don't get it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Amsoil is FAR superior to mobil 1. Amsoils better synthetics are actually REAL group IV and V synthetics. Mobil 1 uses group III hydro cracked base stock which is not a real synthetic. I have a business account with amsoil so i get it at dealer cost and they have a warehouse very close. I place an order and it shows up the next day. They also carry wix filters and even have the wix filter for my kohler command.