Amsoil 2 Cycle Oil DOES WORK!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Jun 9, 2004.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using Amsoils' 2 cycle 100:1 oil for a few seasons now. All with good praise. Better running engines, absolutely NO carbon buildup. I run it at about 80:1. Great product I thought.

See, I bought a case of it a few seasons back. Just ran out last week. Was going right past my local LESCO, and thought, let me get some 2 cycle oil just to tide me over.

Got through one 2 gallon tank mix of the Kawasaki 50:1 and my Echo String trimmer is loosing power. I look at the muffler outlet last night, and see that what is normally a 3/8" round "tailpipe" is now clogged down to maybe 1/8"!!! :eek:

I got out my drill and drilled the carbon out like I used to do before the Amsoil.

So, if your tired of de-carboning your 2-strokes, give Amsoil a try.

Wish I would have took a picture. Maybe I will, as I have another tankfull to use up. I'm sure it'll be choked up again soon.

2. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I just started using amsoil. I have an echo trimmer that took forever to warm up and get to full power. Since i have started using the Amsoil it has run perfectly.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

RPM's are down on the 650 backpack as of this afternoon. This Kawasaki oil must be real crap!

4. i switched to the saber amsoil two cycle ..not that much higher in price ..and even less smoke .

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

How much is the 100:1 amsoil?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does it really matter? I cant remember off hand, but it wasn't much more than any other mix.

Whats the story with Saber Odin? Better? What is it?

7. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Has anyone done a comparison between Amsoil and Opti-2 ?

8. amsoil claims even less smoke and i have found that to be the case.

And it supossed to be formulated for aircooled lawn and garden two stoke engines...the price is not very much more so what the hell i started useing it.

9. "Got through one 2 gallon tank mix of the Kawasaki 50:1 and my Echo String trimmer is loosing power. I look at the muffler outlet last night, and see that what is normally a 3/8" round "tailpipe" is now clogged down to maybe 1/8"!!! "

That's the biggest bunch of baloney I've heard since the last bobbygeld thread. I've been in this 20 years using nothing bit regular 2 stroke oil and if you use 50:1 mix correctly you will rarely have carbon problems. You must own some stock in the company or something!!!

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Amsoil is nectar from the Gods. I have had similar success with all of my 2-cycle equipment. I can only hope that soon, all of you Amsoil haters will kneel down and sip from the golden chalace that is Amsoil.:angel: