Amsoil 25,000 mile oil change

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AmsoilPower, Dec 21, 2007.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Changing to Amsoil in your trucks can save you money, time, increased fuel economy, eliminate harmful engine sludge, less engine wear and better cold weather start-up. All this and has no affect on your warranty. It does not matter what the manufacturers tell you, as long as the oil meets or exceeds their specs, they cannot void your warranty. All Amsoil products exceed specs set by the OEM's. Transmissions can get hot pulling trailers during the summer months. Amsoil ATF runs up to 50 degrees cooler than conventional ATF. All this plus, and Amsoil guarantees the product. They will provide independent testing if a failure occurs if fluid is believed to be the cause.

Reduce our need for foreign oil.:usflag:

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ummm ok... So the oil I use now "meets or exceeds OEM standards" so if I leave it in there for 25,000 miles and the engine takes a dump I'm covered? Dosn't matter what brand of oil, I don't care if it came from outer space, it still needs changed at regular intervals, synthetic or dino.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

My mowing truck would burn 6 or 8 oil changes worth of oil in that time period:laugh:

4. AmsoilPower

If you run a synthetic oil you have very little to no sludge build-up in your crankcase, top that off w/ a premium synthetic media filter why change at 3000 miles?? You are wasting $$$$$$$.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I run Amsoil in everything, from my truck to my trimmers. It is great stuff! Plus, you don't have to change oil all the time in the truck, more free time!

6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I run Amsoil all my vehicles. Great stuff.

7. backhoe1

backhoe1 LawnSite Member

The only way I'd even consider using the stuuf is if you gave it to me free of charge.But, I'd still change at 3,000 miles.

Anybody ever think about the fact that if you're not changing the oil regularly, you're probably not checking other vital fluid levels (ie: diffs, t-case etc.), tires, suspension, brakes, leaks. any of these things overlooked could become catastrophic and cost a heck of alot more than an oil change!

Servicing a vehicle is alot more complex than pulling the plug and spinning on a filter.

just my take on the topic

Andrew
    ASE certified Master Technician

8. AmsoilPower

Well, it sounds like you would use it. I see you are a ASE tech. Do you not feel synthetic oils are superior than conventionals? If so, why would still change every 3000 miles?

9. backhoe1

backhoe1 LawnSite Member

I never said that it was BAD, I just don't agree with not changing it for 25K.
    Where does all the moisture go?
    How about dirt and foreign matter?
    How would you know if there was something in the crankcase that shouldn't be? (fuel, antifreeze, etc.) 25,000 miles could mean the difference between repair and replacement.

10. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

That sounds like common sense too me !All these new oils we talk about are break down factors.But certain elements pass through the best filters and the only way to get rid of them is.OIL CHANGE! Trust me, Ive learned the hard way by saying Ill do it next week.