1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil Saber Professional 2 stroke oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lambdin, Jul 14, 2008.

1. lambdin

lambdin LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

We'll I was more than a little sceptical when I read the post about this stuff but bought some and tryed it out yesterday, my Stihl hedgetrimmer normally takes about 4 pulls to start, with this stuff mixed @ 100:1 it took 1, and the throttle responce on all my equipt is more responsive, gonna try it in my Huskey Rancher 55 next- should be a good test because it typically takes 5-8pulls to start. :clapping:
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Very good. I'm glad it worked for you. I've been using it at 80:1 for many years now.
  3. paull

paull LawnSite Member

I use 64:1 Amsoil, I hope it is not too much oil.
  4. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

You are loosing the benefit of a cleaner burn by using too much oil.
    80:1 is the best ratio for commercial or heavy use.
  5. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear your results are positive. Everyone should try this 2-cycle oil. Your statements are consistant with everyone else's about it. Thanks again.
  6. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

100:1 here
    buy by the case
  7. paull

paull LawnSite Member

You think it might hurt the engine using 64:1? I thought it is still less than 50:1 for normal oil.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It won't hurt anything using it at 64:1. As long as you are happy with the results then go with it.
  9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

You probably fattened up the mixture thus easier starting/ better bottom end throttle response. Oil displaces fuel, remove oil air /fuel ratio changes.
  10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

At 80:1 I'm still happy with it. No smoke, no smell, and easy to start.