Amsoil Saber & Stihl BR600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WH401, Jul 20, 2008.

1. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I know the BR600 has been a slightly finicky engine as far as the specific oil used in it. I want to use the Amsoil Saber, a 3.5 oz. bottle in a 2 gal. jug for about a 73:1 mix ratio. How does that sound, I figure it's close enough to 80:1 because I don't use up 5 gal. of 2 stroke that quick for a precise 80:1. I want to see just what you all thought as far as using this in this blower. I don't really want to throw $500 down the tube if this makes it have problems, but I personally don't think it will. I just like the benefits of using synthetics and having only 1 mix to deal with.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I use Opti-2 in everything I have, including my BR600 and it works just fine. I believe it's a 100:1 mix. I've tried other brands of oils in other 2 stroke stuff and never could tell a difference. I asked my dealer when I bought the BR600 if I should use their synthetic or just use what I use for everything else. His answer was I can use whatever I want, they (the mfg.) can not mandate a specific (their) brand of oil be used for warranty purposes anymore.

3. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I think you will be more than pleased with using Amsoil in your BR600. I have many guys using it the 4-mixes with no problems.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Insofar as the oil itself goes, Amsoil is a very high quality synthetic
    and Stihl or any other high compression engines should experience
    no problems with it.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

73:1 is fine.

6. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, sounds good guys. Thanks