1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil Saber vs. Stihl Ultra

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 23, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Feedback I have received is generally the opposite....less fuel consumption. It may depend on the equipment. More than likely, your equipment is running more rpm's now than before requiring a little more fuel. Was your equipment running at its peak before switching to Amsoil? If it was running somewhat subpar, it probably wasn't using as much fuel. Many variables are involved, but overall most see less fuel consumption.
  2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

All i use is Amsoil Saber 2cyl oil in my equipment! (what a difference with my Echos) I also bought 4 tubes of Amsoil synthetic grease so i can lube everything up!(good stuff):dancing:
  3. AmsoilPower

Bump....good informational post for those who have not seen it.
  4. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Another bump for ya.....I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! I run it in my Stihl's & Echo's @ 100:1 @ they run awesome!!!! But I am still solo for the most part so I can control mixing of gas & oil better. I will probably go with 80:1 when I get employees.
  5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

For jobs like this I use my walk behind and the JRCO transporter.
  6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm lost????
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

As of last year I started running all my engines on synth straight out of the box,
    and if it takes longer to break it in that's all right too.
  8. AmsoilPower

I will bet you haven't had any problems either have you? Do you switch your vehicles over right from the start also?
  9. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

I run full synthetic in everything I own. No offense but I wouldn't ever put Am[way]sOil in anything I own. Of course, there's a story behind that and since you no longer work for them I feel it's safe to tell it. I was with a buddy a few years ago at the Fall Nationals drag race. My buddy knew a pit crew member who worked on the Amsoil sponsored car. He was showing us around the pits and in the trailer. To my surprise, there was a guy in the trailer swapping out oil. He was pouring Mobil 1 into the Amsoil bottles. I asked why. His response was they had to so people walking by the car in the pits would see them pouring oil into the engine out of an Amsoil bottle. I said, no, that's not what I meant. Why don't you just use the oil that came in the Amsoil bottle? He kinda laughed a little and said they at least want to make it to the end of the track. I was totally shocked. I asked if it were that bad? He said what car do you know of comes factory-filled with Amsoil? He then said I can name 10 cars right now that come factory-filled with Mobil 1 and that there were reasons behind that.
    Now, I would never believe this story if I hadn't of saw it with my own eyes but I swear to you it's the truth. I have also read reports on Amsoil and it's quality characteristics and they all have shown how awesome this stuff is. Unfortunately, after more research on the reports I found out they were all supported by Amsoil! WTF is up with that?
    Anyway, I prefer to run Klotz premix oil in all my equipment. I know the quality is there plus it smells great.
  10. karlgrooms

karlgrooms LawnSite Member

Is this true??? I get sold on something. Do a quick search on the way out the door and wind up with another question. I was getting tired of coughing up $28.00 for Stihl Ultra 2.5 gal mix per 6 pack and was looking for alternatives and found this.

I guess my dealer will be happy to see me today.:clapping: