1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil Saber vs. Stihl Ultra

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

When I started using Amsoil I too was nervous/scared about running it @ 100:1, but as time passed I kept mixing it a little leaner & a little leaner until I got to 100:1. As I kept mixing it leaner I would notice that the equipment ran better & better & better. So, that's where I'm at now. Now I'm just waiting for Amsoil to come out with a Saber 200:1 oil!:laugh::laugh:

2. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

My Stihl Dealer is HIGHLY recommending to only run synthetic in the BR blowers, along with my weedeaters.
    You may want to check with your dealer, and stop running the conventional oil anyway.

I'm switching over from Ultra to the Amsoil products.

3. underPSI

underPSI LawnSite Member

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Blown. We were able to get one freed up, double oiled it w/ amsoil and it seems to be fine. The other is cooked, a box of pieces at the dealership right now.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That thread doesn't really say anything. There's a guy who's engine is using oil. It may be the oil, it may not. He doesn't tell any of the detailed history of the engine or even how many miles are on it. He's done no tests or anything.

6. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Sounds like a few guys with oil consumption problems. Could it be from the lower quality oils previously used?:rolleyes:

7. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Amsoil in everything I have and not one engine issue to date. :waving:
    Everything runs good :dancing:

8. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, that was really interesting. Said nothing about Amsoil. Not really.

9. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

I found another profesional race car driver that admits to switching oils to different containers to keep sponsors happy, while he used a better performing oil to win races. It is all on this video clip, take a look for yourself. I have names and admissions on camera to prove this! look it is at the nd of the 2+ minute video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQ1gcR8NOA&feature=related

10. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member