Amsoil Saber vs. Stihl Ultra

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I contacted Amsoil and the 2 stroke oil they sale and they recommended 1.5oz per gallon or 100:1.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just like looking at oil to see if it's dirty or used up, looking at oil to determine viscosity can't be done.

The reasons I gave for being able to use Amsoil at lean mix ratios are the reasons why you can do it. Not because Amsoil is a concentrate. If you can find it anywhere in official Amsoil print, then I'll believe it. Believe it or not, there are people out there that will tell you anything to get you to buy something.

Read this... https://utextension.tennessee.edu/publications/Documents/sp268-Q.pdf

4. mikeypizano

mikeypizano LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I run the HP Ultra oil, and for me it is actually cheaper than Amsoil will ever be. My dealer has given me a free 6 pack of 2 gal mixes, as well as giving me a discount on all others I got. In my opinion, if Stihl is willing to DOUBLE the warranty, the oil has to be good.

5. Ormond32176

Ormond32176 LawnSite Member

So after the 6 pack runs out, how much do you get it for?

6. mikeypizano

Normally he charges me for the 1 gallon mixes, so about 15 bucks. I have 15 bottles of 2 gallon mix left now. Every time I get new equipment, I get a 6PK so I have plenty stock piled. I don't go through a whole lot of gas. :laugh:

7. Ormond32176

Ormond32176 LawnSite Member

For about $11, you can get 20 gallons (mix) worth of Amsoil Saber. :cool2:

But if you only go through enough to have your stock replenished by purchasing your new equipment, then you have "New Equipment Over Purchasing Syndrome" or "I Need More Yards to Cutitis"

Just messing with you haha.

8. mikeypizano

Oh trust me, this year SUCKED! Very very VERY LITTLE rain. :cry: I have people I asked about doing things for them, and they say "not yet" and go and do it themselves! I need more yards for sure!

9. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Our issue was too much rain over the summer and customers thinking I should come cut their muddy yard. I need more lawns as well unfortunately.

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree you cant tell viscosity by looking at oil but you can by the way it pours, mixes and feels. Its very easy to tell the difference between an 80W vs 10W or even 50W. Im just repeating what Amsoil told me directly about Saber being a concentrate. Take it for what its worth.
    Posted via Mobile Device