Amsoil sample review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I recieved my sample bottle on Oct 17 and have used about 3 gal of it, so I thought I would write my review. The equipment brands that I used it in are: Echo, Redmax, Kawasaki and Stihl[4mix]. I have three 2.5 gallon no spill cans that I use for my mix-fuel, so I liked the bottle having oz. numbers on the side. It made it easy to put 4oz into a can for a 80:1 mix. The first thing I noticed when using the Amsoil was the smell, it has a stronger smell than anyother oil I have used. When I used it in my newer equipment, a Echo 280 trimmer and Kawasaki hedge trimmer, I did not notice any difference. When I tried it in my 4mix stuff I noticed a immediate difference in the acceleration and power. In the rest of my 2stroke equipment I could notice a slight difference in acceleration and power. Also I had to slow the idle speed on a couple of things. I do believe this is a high quality oil and will continue to use it. The only negative thing I have with this oil is the smell, but I am getting used to it.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i love the smell

3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it does smell better than most other oils.
    It's not that it is strong, it's just that it is a very distinctive "sweet" smell.

Amsoil works great for me and better than any other oil I tried.

4. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

I just love the smell of Amsoil in the morning, it smells like victory. :cool2:

5. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a BR600 today and the first tank through it was what the dealer had put in. I suspect most likely it was Stihl Ultra mixed at 50:1. On the first tank it seemed to have a hickup here and there, just like where it would bog down slightly then rev back up. It seemed to be fine but did this a couple of times. I ran that tank through and filled it back up with the mix I had at the house of Amsoil Saber & 89 Gas at 80:1. With that it only had it's hick up once, but the hickup still could have been because of break in. All in all I am pleased with Amsoil Saber and definately pleased with the BR600. It's amazing what that thing can do. It's like "Hells Leaf Blower: The Tim the Toolman Taylor Edition" lol. It's the best $500 I ever spent:cool2:.

6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with the br600 comment, Tim Taylor would be "grunting" for days of one of those..

7. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the review. To get the best pricing, you can sign up as a commercial account. Costs you nothing and saves you 20-30% off retail. All inquires welcome.

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

in all fairness, whos to say the intitial "hiccups" werent due to break in in as well?

9. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

In all fairness, read his post again, he was basically saying that they ALL could have been because of break in.

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i did reread it and it still says that the hiccup he got from the amsoil was due to break in where as the hiccups from the stihl oil were due to the oil. maybe he can clarify his post. it is rather confusing to read.