Amsoil ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Many of you are telling me to switch to Amsoil to run in my Toro 2 cycle and other hand held equipment. Question is since the Suzuki has just been rebuilt should I break it in with the Husky XP oil,then switch to the Amsoil? If so how many hours should I put on it before switching? Also do you all go the 100:1 mix or do you mix it a little richer? And do you run 87,89,or93 octane with this oil? Thanks for all your advice on this subject.
  2. Alan

Alan Member

I run 89 octane, 100-1 mix and start new equipment off on Amsoil from the first tankful. I have not changed a plug in so long I forgot the last one that needed changing. No smoke, no smell and one mix for everything.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

It works that good in all the 2 cycle ratios, ie 32/1, 50/1 etc.? I may have to give this a try, the thought of one can of mixed gas sounds appealing to me:D
  4. Alan

Alan Member

I've got equipment that calls for three different mixes. WAY too much hassle to keep them seperate. I use the little squeeze pouches, one pouch to a gallon of gas, when the can gets down put in the contents of one pouch and add a gallon of gas. The pouches are a little more pricey, but they are handy to use and easy to keep in the truck for when they are needed.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I too run the Amsoil 100-1 with 89 octane in all my 2 cycle and have been for years.. I have a Redmax 2300 trimmer for 5 years now with no service.. Just air filters.. and plugs.. Yes.. There is no smoke and very little odor. I would not use anything else.. Plus I think you wind up spending less money .. I think it' s $3.50 for a bottle and it treats 8 gallons..
  6. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

One question though....

It can't be safe to use a 100-1 mix in something when the manufacturer recommends using a 50-1 or weven 32-1 like my new RedMax bp blower, is it? Or am I missinng something here. Some input please.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Im running 80:1 Amsoil in everything I have, Shindaiwa, Husqvarna, Echo, Stihl, Lawnboy and 1 Homelite hedge trimmer. It's actually 100:1 Amsoil but I mix 8 oz. to 5 gallons of gas. I haven't had any problems yet.
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

where can i find it?:blush:
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member