1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLM1103, May 14, 2002.

1. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

I am changing all my existing 2-cycle equipment over to Amsoil 80:1 mix. I have a new Echo PB-650 backpack blower that has not been run. Should it be broken in on regular 2 - cycle oil mix (50:1) before changing to Amsoil or is it OK to break in with Amsoil?

I have seen some discussion on this but am still not sure which is best. Thanks for any opinions.
  2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Check the "scag" thread.(I left a response for you there)
    I used Amsoil 2 cycle on my equipment for awhile. Did not really notice that much of a difference to tell you the truth. I have,for the most part,always used Opti-2 for my mix. Seem to have very good luck with that.
    I do run synthetic in all three of my mowers though. Both the motor and hydro. Not Amsoil. Too long of a wait as the distributor is in Orlando. Any where else(retail) and the price is too high.
    I can't see much of a problem if you decide to use it (mix) on a new piece of equipment.
    Just my .02:D ;)
  3. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

you should use regular dinosaur oil to break any gas motor in. Change to synthetic when the first service is due. Check with the dealer on the interval for the 2 strokes.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I tried Amsoil mix but didn't like it. I prefer Rotry oil mix.