1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Nov 11, 2004.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i run amsoil 100:1 synthetic mix in all my two stoke equipment

lawnboys, stihl products and husquavarna saws. i think it works good but i was wonderring if this could hurt the engine in any way.

i would like your opinion on this product also.

2. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about amsoil, but I know that if you run an ethanol fuel in your two stroke mix it runs too hot for your carb gaskets, makes them leak. A synthetic mix might do the same but don't know from experience.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using Amsoil for years with no problems. I'm sure you will get other responses too.
  4. g overbey

g overbey LawnSite Member

Ihavw also used Amsoil 100/1 for about 4 years and have had no trouble. I mix it in a 5 gal. can and it is closer to 80/1. I buy it online from Amsoil by the case and it is pretty reasonable.
  5. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We use amsoil also. Runs great. We mix at 80:1
  6. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

The Amsoil website list several 2 cycle oils; Interceptor, Saber, Dominator. Which one do I use in all my 2 cycle handhelds?
  7. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I am an AMS-OIL dealer and thats all i put in my cars and equipment my personal use car is an explore with 200,000 and still running strong AMS-OIL in it sense 80,000. The stuff works great
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Saber is for 2 stroke hand held air cooled engines.
  9. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

amsoil reformulated their 2 stroke stuff a couple yrs ago and thats why you see about 4 types of two stroke but ya, ive used it in everything from chainsaws to trimmers, lawnboy and have had no problems. I also use their 4 stroke stuff in all our mowers
  10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

There are two types of Saber. Saber Professional is for small air cooled two cycle engines. Saber outboard is for liquid cooled outboard engines.