1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

An edger, a defective head and a stupid dumba**

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by RedSquareLandscaping, Jul 6, 2009.

1. RedSquareLandscaping

RedSquareLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Here is a story for you ok,

One of my a**hole ex employee was working alone at a small homeowner house. of the chief of police (retired 72 yrs old) . So i dropped him off at around 9:35 a.m.. I leave and i assure myself he know what to do.
    So he works with an edger around fence and edge. Then he had to add more line to it. Unknowingly , he never locked it back into place. He moves toward the house and here it is!

He powers up, stars to work then the entire head pops out of place, spins, almost hits my guy and flies into the chiefs window. He runs outside with a Manchester Shotgun and pos off some rounds and actually cuffs my guy. i come to pick him up after an hour and i find him cuffed to the front fence.

I was out $550 Yearly contrct with him and had to pay a small fee for the window.
    and told him never 2 come back.

So talk bout this and please reply!

:laugh:
    So i dropped him back to his own home (supposedly)

2. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, that sucks, but is super funny.

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds to me like the customer is the a$$hole in this scenario. He should have been cuffed, too.

4. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

i think so too

5. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

I am always exercising my 2nd amendment rights where ever I am and I can say if someone comes out shooting at me, they may be getting the same in return!! Altho, not slugs, just 9mm :waving:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  6. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

Ohh so you think I should pop some rounds into him?

7. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, not now, it isn't self defense now. But if I was the one trimming and he came and shot at me, then it is self defense for sure!

8. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

Ohh totally i'd kick his ass right off

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

That customer is a moron. He should be brought up on multiple charges. And I guess you should have trained your guy better on how to replace string.

10. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

well i assumed on his res-ume he said he worked 4 years at a prolandscpaer shop. Even an 11 knows how to tie string to a strimmer