An event we helped out with...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PTSolutions, Mar 2, 2008.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

My cousin works for Urban Design in downtown cleveland. they are an architecture company that tries to incorporate more natural elements into urban areas. The threw a party in a vacant lot in the flats on the river that will be developed this year into storefronts with apartments above. It was called Leap Night 08'. The main focus was to bring awareness to the renovations that are going on in downtown.

2. PTSolutions

from OH

My cousin works for Urban Design in downtown cleveland. they are an architecture company that tries to incorporate more natural elements into urban areas. The threw a party in a vacant lot in the flats on the river that will be developed this year into storefronts with apartments above. It was called Leap Night 08'. The main focus was to bring awareness to the renovations that are going on in downtown.

They needed some stuff from us and we decided to help them out. We provided them with 1 cord of firewood for the bonfire along with a bunch of 4-6 ft. rough cut pieces of wood for the fire. They also wanted to put up a bunch of dead christmas trees around the site which we went out and collected after christmas. They needed 35 bales of straw for sitting etc... and they also needed us to plow a large lot for parking across the street and to plow up some hills for the snowboarding ramps on the site. After the event we haul out the trees and have them chipped. We got to put up a couple banners to market ourselves on the site as well.

pics taken with cell phone, sorry for the quality:

The Christmas trees we collected, had to make 2 trips to get all of them, maybe about 60-70 in total:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The firewood provided and bonfire pit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where we had to cut the long pieces of wood from and haul it by hand through knee deep snow:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The house where the wood was, my dad did the basement and brickwork and carpentry on this 19,500 sq. ft. house, we know the owners personally. sorry only got pics of the back side, will get fronts up next time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few pics of the site before the party, notice the trees put up around:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The lot we plowed for parking for them, huge!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The night of the event was pretty cool, they had Rock Band tournament projected onto the building side, they had fire jugglers put on a show, food vendors, music DJ, snowboard stunt show and a bunch of other stuff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing like partyin in the cold!

4. PTSolutions

from OH

man it was freezing!! the wind would kick up off the river and lake since there was no trees or buildings blocking it. everyone huddled around the bonfire and i kept throwing wood on there making it bigger. we had trashcan fires going on as well.

5. PTSolutions

from OH

bump..asfasdfas

6. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

looks like a messey event

7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

nice pics, looks cold and fun

8. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

Man make shure u call me next time i would have came just to hit some of those sweet snowboarding rails.

9. PTSolutions

from OH

it would have been really awesome if it hadnt warmed up and all the snow stayed light and fluffy. but we hit some mid to high 30's and caught a bit of rain which made everything pack down and get dirty. when we were plowing the lot the snow packed into huge chunks and the windrows got higher than the hood of our dump we were plowing with.

it was a group from boston mills/brandywine that hauled those ramps in on a trailer set up shop and went to town! i would not of liked to be the guys taking spills on that rock hard pack snow!

10. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

That is haveing fun in the cold! Great pics!