An example of the crooked gas prices in Ohio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justgeorge, Mar 8, 2005.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Here's what we have to put up with in Ohio. Last Thursday, I fill up for $1.82. Thursday night the big story on the news was "oh no gas prices will be going up a quarter!". So sure enough, the crooks that set the prices at the pumps obliged the news people, and jacked the prices to $2.09 by Friday morning. Typically, they raise prices 15-20 cents on weekends, but apparently the news story gave them the gumption to jack it 27 cents.

By Sunday morning, it was already back down to $2.03, and today (Tuesday) it's down to $1.97. By Thursday I bet it will be back under $1.90, right before it jumps again on Friday.

On topic content: New to the lawn care business, I'll be making sure to fill up on Wednesdays even more than I did before!

Any other states as bad as Ohio for crap like that? (I realize other state's prices are higher, but so are your wages....)

George

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wish I could fill up for $1.82. Havent seen that price around here almost 2 years.

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Dare I ask what your paying?...

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I filled up my truck last week with diesel fuel at $1.999 per gallon. Rolled up to the pump today and it was at $2.199 per gallon. The diesel around here does not fluctuate alot but when it moves it is like 15 or 20 cents a gallon hike, deffinately not like gasoline that moves a couple cents at a time.

I am really curious about the waste vegitable oil that people are building refineries for out of old water heater tanks. You can get 55 gallons of this used vegitable oil for free from some resturants and then refine it and run it straight or mix it 50/50 with diesel

5. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

The price of diesel here in Rehoboth MA goes up and down horribly. I saw it at 2.04 the it jumped .08 cents in a day and now its up to 2.24. Talk about greed

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

It was 2.09 here yesterday. I was out today and saw it for 1.95. I just talked to a friend and it said it was 1.93 on the other side of town.

7. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Diesel was 2.29 in central Pa. on Monday.I told another guy at the pump that I
    was rooting for 2.50 a gallon for May1.Boy,did he give me a dirty look!Just be glad
    you don't pull a 45 footer all over North America.

8. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

you guys are such babies. Gas is 92.9 a liter here = $3.73 a gallon or in American funds thats only $3.10 a liter, oh and diesel can be bought for the cheap price of 94.9 a liter or $3.80 a gallon which equals $3.13 US funds per gallon, quit your crying.

9. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

If I wanted to pay high fuel prices for diesel I would go live in that country you call home.
    Until then you can stop telling us down here to quit our crying, like I said if we wanted to pay out the nose like you do then we would all move up there.

10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We are not crying. I think we are all tired of the gas going up and down everytime time we have a story on tv about prices. I am thankful I don't live up there paying those prices. Thanks for sharing.