An expected expense.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by growinandmowin, Feb 24, 2005.

1. growinandmowin

growinandmowin LawnSite Member

Just got a letter from my township stating i need to remove ALL of my equipment from my property. Anyone ever put up a steel pole building? I was thinking maybe three bay. Anyone have any suggestions? Pros and cons versus a standard garage?

2. MDScpr

MDScpr LawnSite Member

Do a Google search for pole barns, or steel buildings. Price of steel has continued to rise - but then again, so has the price of lumber. Also try General Steel, they usually have subs in every major city. If there are any Amish folks near you, they do a great job as well.

3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Remove all of your equipment from your property? Did you send them a reply stating that until you no longer have to pay taxes on it, that it's your g dam property and you'll keep what you want on it?

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

That was funny. The perfect answer from a fellow Texan. That was my thinking exactly. I am so glad I don't live in a place like that.

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

i built a 3 car wide 3 car deep standard garage. vinyl siding, insulation, and heat. built it myself, but paid to have the slab poured. works great and was cheap.

6. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Just curious, was it out in the open or behind a fence? Are they saying you cant have it on the property period or you can't have it in plane sight? thanks blair

7. growinandmowin

growinandmowin LawnSite Member

It was in plain sight. They said youre only allowed 1 commercial vehicle parked in a " residential area".

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -