An Experiment with agrifim

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, May 6, 2008.

1. Had a customer with a rinky dink spike spray system that was originally for irises. Had already put the sod down and had spike sprays or shrubblers set in the turf. So I said why don't we try an experiment. So I pulled up the grass. Ran 4 rows of 6" spaced .5gph 1/4" tubing underneath the sod.

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice Peter!

I hope it works out !

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice boot pic. Is that a irrigator's jig?

4. When I do brilliant creative things we do a jig OF COURSE! Seems to happen daily around me.:dancing:

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice application. Do you get paid extra for the driveway jig?

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Well..... I hate those little Watermaster equiv.s of QBs.. and QBs too for that matter.... I'm not a big fan of 1/4 " tubing either ya see...

In your case I probably would have run 2 or 3 rows of the .700" Agrifim Duraflo dripperline, 1GPH @ 12" spacing... swapped out the Watermaster dealybobber for an upside down 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 SST tee with a couple of compression socket adapters...

BTW, did you ever get in on the Nibco/Pepco product that Ewing was pushing maybe 10 years ago called Turf Bubbler? They would work pretty well right there too...

Nibco Irrigation Systems manufactures low-flow products for both the landscape and agriculture markets. These include: bubblers, drip irrigation components, tubing, fittings and miscellaneous accessories. A new product for the landscape is Nibco's Turf Bubbler™. All critical components of the Turf Bubbler Wick Irrigation System are buried underground, eliminating root intrusion. Only the point source is above ground. This patented applications allows the water to move through the turf thatch and rootzone by capillary, or wicking action. Water is distributed evenly and efficiently, eliminating water loss to evaporation and overspray.

http://cati.csufresno.edu/CIT/upda/97/spring/story1.html

http://www.nibco.com/assets/irrigbrchr1.pdf

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Not netafim or salco?

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Your pushing the limits on the length you can push the water through the 1/4" tubing, unless it loops at the end?

9. I guess I'll pay attention to your post John. It is looped. 19' is the limit.

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

And its Fimesiter with a right hook.