1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

An EZ-Dump For A 6-FT Bed?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Wolfie's L&L, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Is there any such thing as an EZ-Dump dump insert for a 6-ft bed? I tried to email EZ-Dump directly and they never replied back. I mostly see them on 8-ft beds. Also, would a 4-cyl truck be able to handle that amount of weight?
    Just curious!!

Jason

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Al you have to do is cut 2' off the nose f a dmup made for an 8' bed. I would not want to run a 4 banger loaded however. Assuming you had to paower to accelerate, I'm betting you don't have the brakes or suspension to handle to added loads.

3. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Truckcraft makes a dump insert for the shortbeds. I was quoted a price of $2695.00 installed with the cab protector and tarp just last week. Not sure if I would install one in a 4cyl tho. The 8ft version weighs about 750 lb, so I would assume the short version to be probably 650-700. You probably wouldn't have much payload capacity left after that on a smaller truck.